Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas in London

We went to London again this week (on the 18th)! Mummy really wanted to see the Christmas trees and go to a Christmas Market, so Daddy said we could go back--just three days after we went last time!

This time, the first place we went was Trafalgar Square, to the National Gallery. I was so tired after the train ride, so I decided a bottle and a nap in my stroller was a good idea while Mummy and Daddy wandered around the museum. I did wake up just in time to go outside, though! I got to see the tree that the people of Olso, Norway gave to London as a Christmas present (Daddy read a sign that says they have been giving a Christmas tree to London since 1947. It's a thank you for helping them in World War II) and then Daddy introduced me to the Lions! They were so big. They sit at the bottom of pillar where Admiral Lord Nelson stands.

After we grabbed some hot chocolate from Pret-A-Manger, we walked down the Mall (say the "A" like "Apple". It's not a place to go shopping, Mummy says) and saw Buckingham Palace. That's where the Queen lives! She had a pretty Christmas tree in the front of her house, too.

By then, it was getting dark but it wasn't even 4:30pm yet! So we went down to see the London Eye and go to the Christmas Market that they set up right next to it. On the way, we stopped to see Big Ben (Mummy's favorite) and look at the Christmas tree Parliament put up there.


The market was so fun! We bought some roasted chestnuts because Mummy has always wanted to try them. She and I both decided they are gross! So, we made up for it by getting some roasted Almonds (they had a sugar coating all over them that Mummy let me suck on! I don't have enough teeth to chew it, though). We walked around and looked at all the beautiful things for sale. Mummy's favorite was a stand that had a bunch of wreaths made out of oranges, limes, cloves, and cinnamon sticks. It smelled really good!

My favorite part was looking at the lights on the London Eye. There were some really pretty trees covered in blue lights right at the bottom of it, too. But it was getting cold and I was tired again. So, just as it began raining, Mummy and Daddy took us down into the tube to head home.
Can you see me and Mummy?



We had another really great day in London. I can see why Mummy says it is the greatest city in the world. But man--all that adventuring is exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so magical. Christmas markets are one of man's great inventions.

    ReplyDelete