We celebrated with the Smiths and the Brownlows--balloons, a banner, a pie, and everything! The Smiths gave him some lovely chocolates, the Brownlows got him a cheese board (don't worry, he's more excited about having a block of wood to cut his cheese on than I thought possible), and then Henry and I spoiled him. He got a Pembroke Crest Tie from Henry and a pair of Minion pjs. OK, those were for Henry--but the "Whaaa?!?!" that is on the shirt is something Derek says all the time--and makes me laugh. Then I bout him a Pembroke Crest polo shirt and a book about the history of the Tube.
I made a chocolate cream pie complete with crushed Oreos on top! My favorite bit, was the pair of sparklers in the shape of "26" that I found at Party Mania (seriously, that's the name of the store). I'm so glad we were able to have our friends with us--and Henry loves all 4 of them, so that helps, too!
It's funny, whenever we celebrate a birthday at our house, one or the other of us comments on how "just X amount of years ago we didn't even know the other person existed!" And yet now--life just wouldn't be the same without each other. Derek is my very best friend--the person I want to be with all the time. One thing our time in Europe has shown us (both this time and the summer of 2010) is that we can actually spent an entire week together, without hardly a single moment apart, and be perfectly happy. Someone once commented on how boring that must be, being with the same person all the time. I can't even fathom being bored with Derek.
There's too much to talk about, too much to share, too much to listen to. I'm so glad that I married my best friend.
Happy Birthday, my Darling!
![]() |
| Wish we had a better photo of Aimee and Jonathan! Next time--we will do better. |


No comments:
Post a Comment