But once we got on the Tube, it was just too long since I woke up--I fell asleep right before our stop at Westminster.
Mummy carried me for a while, then put me in my stroller with my blanket. I took a nice nap while she and Daddy got through the crowds around the Houses of Parliament.
I think Mummy was a little bit disappointed that I wasn't awake for when Big Ben told us it was noon, so I decided I better open my eyes so we could take a family picture.
Mum has told me all about Big Ben and how much she loves to hear the bells. I liked to look around at all the people while they took pictures and ate their lunches at Parliament Square. Watching them made me really hungry through, so Mum and Dad stopped at McDonalds and got food for them, then we headed to St. James' Park for lunch.
Did you know that St. James' Park is right in front of Buckingham Palace? That's where the Queen lives. Mummy and Daddy said if I want to live there I'm going to have to marry a Princess. I guess that would be ok.
Just as we went through the gates into Green Park, it started to rain. I decided I was tired of being in my stroller and just wanted Mummy to hold me, so I got to ride in the tummy pack and see her pretty umbrella!
We walked and walked and walked and walked until we finally found the Victoria and Albert Museum, Mummy's favorite Museum in London. I liked it because I got a bottle once we went inside. We wandered around and looked at some of the amazing things in the museum. My favorite part was probably all the silver they have in a big long hallway.
The Victoria and Albert Museum is HUGE though. Mummy said that we went into parts that she had never seen before--and she's been there dozens of times! One of the places we went that she'd never seen was the baby changing room. I felt very pampered getting changed in there--the changing table is polished marble! All of the tiles in the bathroom are white marble with green in between. The white ones have a V&A on them--it was REALLY fancy. Mummy said she wants her bathroom to look like that someday, except have a D&J. I think that's a good idea!
We were pretty tired after that, so Mummy and Daddy found a bench and sat down. I got a bottle and that put me right to sleep! I'm telling you--there are lots of great places to sleep and eat in London.
After the museum, we looked outside and saw that it had stopped raining! We stopped at the Hyde Park Chapel and then Mummy said she really wanted me to meet Peter Pan, so we headed back to the park. This time, it was to Kensington Gardens.
Peter Pan was so cool! We were lucky that there weren't a lot of people around, so got to touch the animals and talk to Peter all by myself.
| Look at me! I can fly!! |
I was hungry again after that (naturally), so Daddy and I sat by the Long Water and had some dinner. Well, I had dinner, anyway.
While I was eating, the craziest thing happened! The tree that was right above us decided that I needed a branch full of beautiful yellow leaves to play with. So, it dropped one right next to me in my stroller. Thanks, tree!!
I pulled of the leaves and examined them one by one. Every leaf is different, did you know that? Then I chewed on the branch. Mummy and Daddy were nice enough to let me do that. I know lots of Mummy and Daddy's aren't that cool.
After that, we went to get dinner for Mum and Dad at a place called Whole Foods. Then, we headed back to Kings' Cross Station, tried to get in to Hogwarts (see my previous post about that), then headed home.
I was exhausted after such a long day! Mummy gave me a nice bottle on the train and snuggled up with me. The train was very full, though, with lots of interesting people to watch. So, I ate my bottle and kept myself awake.
Overall, I really enjoyed London. I can see why Mummy loves it so much and why she talks about it all the time. I can't wait to go back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment