Wimpole Estate is just a few minutes drive from where we live, though we haven't had a chance to get out there until now! The estate is HUGE--we only visited the Home Farm area, as it is definitely the most kid friendly. I'd love to go back and spend a full day there, though.
We got to ride on a cart pulled by a tractor from the car park to the farm and back, which Henry really enjoyed. I think he wanted to drive the tractor himself, though!
The kids had a lot of fun running around the farm and looking at the animals. My favorite part was definitely the Shire horses, but the piglets won Henry's heart hands down. He could have spent all day sticking his fingers in and touching their squishy pink noses.
The kids got to "milk" rubber gloves, play on a tractor, and we were even there in time to see the milking demonstration of a real live dairy cow!
I have to admit--even though I didn't grow up on a farm, all of this stuff I have seen in real life. But I LOVED watching Henry and his friends discover the farm.
We didn't stay too long--poor Alona wasn't feeling well. But it turned out to be good anyway, as all three fell asleep on our drive home.
Thanks, Kristin, for inviting us!
| The kids trying to "milk" the cow. |
| getting them all to look at the camera was exciting--smiles were just a bonus. |
| I'm telling you, he LOVED the pigs. just watch the video and you can hear how excited he was. |
The boys LOVED the tractors. Henry and Devon both wanted to be pushed all around the farm. When Henry's older, I'd love to get him one of these!
SO SO Cute!!
ReplyDelete